Saturday, January 29, 2011

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Title: Perfect Chemistry
(Perfect Chemistry #1)
Author: Simone Elkeles
Publisher: Walker Books for
Young Readers (Dec. 23, 2008)
Fairfield High School. A place where those from opposite sides of town don't mix. So when Alex Fuentes--Mexicano, gang member, south-sider, bad boy-- and Brittany Ellis--white as snow, head cheerleader, north-sider, seemingly perfect-- are paired up in chemistry, it's bound to turn into an experiment gone wrong.


---

I started this at school yesterday, and, like Taken by Storm, read for a nice chunk of time after school to finish it. And finish it, I did. 

Perfect Chemistry is narrated from two points of view: Brittany's and Alex's. As one person stops telling the story, the other starts, exactly where the first left off. Because of this, you get almost the entire story in mixed perspectives. I loved hearing what each person was thinking throughout the story, as opposed to just one point of view. Alex would mix random Spanish in with his dialogue and narrations, which annoyed me a little bit, just because I really wanted to know what he was saying, but I got over it because it is, after all, the way he would talk/think. 

As I said above, I finished it after school, but that entire night, I couldn't help but think about it. It didn't matter how well our basketball team was doing or how much fun I was having, Alex and Brittany were still first on my mind. 

And although I wouldn't say that this is one of the best books I've read, it was still really good. A little predictable, sure, but still sexy (just look at that cover), fun, and amazing at the same time. I definitely suggest you add it to your reading list. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review !! Personnally I love this book, it's very easy to get into the story and the characters feel so real (well, to me at least !!) !!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.
Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails