Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Title: Nick & Norah's
Infinite Playlist
Authors: Rachel Cohn
and David Levithan
Publisher: Knopf Books for
Young Readers (May 23, 2006)
It all starts when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes. He only needs five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who's just walked into his band's show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City--and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date.*

---

I had always been hesitant to pick up Nick & Norah because of the vastly mixed reviews I've heard. From what I can tell, most people seem to love it or hate it. And I didn't want to read it just to find out that I was in the latter category. After reading (and loving) Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, however, I decided to give it a shot. And, boy, am I glad I did. 

I'm not going to say that I enjoyed every single page of this book, but, as a whole, I thought it was excellent. Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have a certain chemistry that I saw in both Nick & Norah and Dash & Lily. From the characters to the plot development to the little oddities they find to toss in, I was very happy I decided to read it.

The one caveat I have is about the age/maturity level. I'm not going to give you a, "don't read it if you're under...", but I feel as though I should point out the maturity level of the book. There's a fair amount of cursing, along with some sexual content. Just a little warning.

And with that warning in mind, if you're in the same boat I was in, jump out and find a copy of this book. The water's nice and warm.





*summary from Random House 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.
Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails