Sunday, March 20, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (QR)

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
(December 2, 2010)
Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to the boarding school in Paris--until she meets Etienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Etienne has it all... including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.*


---

Reread that last sentence of the summary for me. Sounds pretty cliche, right? Yep. It is. But it's also true. So true. I wanted to move to Paris, attend the School of American in Paris (SOAP), and find my own Etienne.

I was planning on making this a normal review, but I can't find anything non-repetitive to say except for the following: 
Yes, the book was somewhat cliche. Yes, there were a few things that I didn't like. Yes, I am now in love with Stephanie Perkins. Yes, I highly recommend you go find a copy.




*summary from inside jacket

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to say anything unique about this book, because everything I've read about it has been raving. I loved it. Everyone I know loved it. Stephanie hit some magic formula. I wish I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!! And I absolutely agree that she's got the secret formula. Maybe we should go steal it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved. This. Book. LOVED IT!! Which is funny, because I normally don't read contemporary books that often and I hate romance. And this book was a contemporary romance. Yet I fell in love with it! It is freaking hilarious. I love the author's humor, and I was laughing out loud over and over again. I am so glad I wasn't reading this book in public because I would have gotten some looks. I absolutely adored the characters - Etienne is hot and I wish he were mine, and Anna is so easy to relate to. I don't feel like I read about these characters; I feel like I am actually friends with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.
Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails